Elder Tolen's Transfer History

Elder Tolen's Transfer History
Elder Tolen's Transfer History

Translate

Monday, August 17, 2015

Week 37 [46]: Working in Takao!

Hello everybody!

This is my first P-day in Takao! It has been a blast out here so far! I'm literally put in the middle of nowhere. I love serving in really rural areas! I find people are more willing to talk to you out in these areas. Right now, I'm in a weird trio, because the group of missionaries going home this last transfer was so big that they had to split them in half, so half of them leave this Wednesday. So I'm with Elder Suzuki! I don't know if you remember him, but he was in my same apartment in Hodogaya with me. I'm so glad to see him again! He was always so funny!

The Takao ward is amazing! It is full of returned missionaries, so they are so helpful! We are actually going to play soccer and volleyball with a group of them soon. It will be a ball!

Not too much has happened this week. We have been really busy trying to help Elder Suzuki get ready to leave, so that has been a lot of fun. I came into this area, and we had like no investigators, so this transfer we are going to do a lot of finding and change that! We have already done a ton of finding in the time that I've been here and had a few potential investigators! So we will keep working and trying to accomplish what the Lord needs us to do here.

A miracle that happened this week! We have a potential investigator that loves to play ping-pong, and I do as well, so at our weekly game night, we dueled for a good hour-and-a-half, and after a close game, I came out victorious! I think I must have earned his respect, because he immediately came up to me after and said, "What's the purpose of our lives? Why do we exist?" And so I dove right into the plan of salvation, and taught him for a good 20 minutes about why we exist. And at the end he smiled and a sense of relief came to his voice. And he thanked me, then went home. So I was kind of surprised by that. I hope I was able to answer his question, because I felt the Spirit testifying through me.

I love you all!

Elder Tolen
Some of the Takao Ward
First District Meeting in Takao

Last P-Day in Tama

No comments:

Post a Comment