Elder Tolen's Transfer History

Elder Tolen's Transfer History
Elder Tolen's Transfer History

Translate

Monday, August 10, 2015

Week 36 [45]: Lions Among Sheep

Hello! I forgot to tell everyone that this week we had transfer emails! So! I'll cut right to the chase! I'm getting transferred! I'm going to an area called Takao. My new companion is named Elder Burton, and he is a transfer 10 missionary. So that will be a blast! I'm way excited to get this opportunity to serve out in Takao.

In other news, we have some sad news about our Iranian investigator. So, because his family is very opposed to him getting baptized, and if he gets baptized he will lose literally all of his money due to some reasons that are directly related to his family, he had to be interviewed by the Mission President. So after the interview, the Mission President told us he cannot be baptized at this point in time. It was very sad to hear that, but we are basically to treat him like a non-baptized member. So that will be a lot of fun. This man wanted baptism more than anything. So it was really hard to see that, but he came out of that interview with a smile on his face. This man is truly the definition of love and charity. He is always trying to serve other people in a country where he doesn't even know the language. He hands out Books of Mormon on the daily. He is truly a wonderful example to me in my life, so that's why I'm not worried about him. I know everything will work out for him.


In other news! I had a really interesting experience last night! I was on splits with my District Leader, Elder Dana, and we had just finished teaching an awesome lesson on the road, and we were walking home, and I just felt ecstatic! I was just so charged up on feeling the Spirit! We had had such an amazing day of work, I was exhausted, and I felt great! So we were on our way home, and this girl that was passed out because she had had a little bit too much to drink was getting carried out of this club, and I was a little confused, so I had a little bit of an interesting look on my face, and because of that, I think someone thought I was judging them, because from behind me I just heard a very angry and stern, "Hey man what's up? You got a problem?" in perfect English. So I just turned around and said, "Hey, how's it going?" Once I turned around I realized I was facing a very strong Japanese man who was much bigger than I. I think he was a bouncer for this club, but for some reason, that didn't really faze me, and I didn't even realize he was trying to start something with me. But the second I turned around and locked eyes with him, his eyes went wide and he apologized and walked off. I looked at Elder Dana, and he quoted a scripture, stating, "And they will go as lions among the sheep." It is very reassuring to know that the Lord will always protect us from danger. He is always looking out for us, and he has not forgotten us. "(For the Lord thy God is a merciful God;) He will not forsake thee, neither destroy thee, nor forget the covenant of thy fathers which He sware unto  them" (Deuteronomy 4:31).


I love you all lots! We saw lots of miracles today! So I'm emailing a little bit late... I'm sorry! I promise I'll do better next week!


Love you!


Elder Tolen


Tama District Meeting in 100-Degree Heat!
Elder Tolen's Last Week in the Tama Ward

Elder Tolen and Elder Parberry with a Book of Mormon...and a Giant Moth?

No comments:

Post a Comment