Elder Tolen's Transfer History

Elder Tolen's Transfer History
Elder Tolen's Transfer History

Translate

Friday, August 7, 2015

Week 35 [44]: Dripped Til We Dropped!

Monday, August 3, 2015

Well, if you look at the subject, you will basically understand how this week went. I have never had to consume so much water in all of my life. Seriously. It was, and still is, a ball.

So I have news! Our Iranian [Iraqi?] investigator is progressing so well, that we are going to move his baptismal date up! The problem: because he is from Iraq, if he gets baptized and goes home, he could die. So our Mission President is going to be interviewing him this Saturday to make sure this is really what he wants to do. It is definitely an experience I never thought I would have on my mission. So there is that. We have been with him almost every day this week, so most of the pictures I'm going to send will have him and our other Japanese investigator in them.

Some more news...We seem to have lost contact with our Filipino investigator who was going to be baptized soon. So that is troublesome. We are trying everything we can to get back in contact with him.... But we don't know what to do at this point, so we will just pray that he will come back!

Yesterday we went to a testimony meeting where all of the missionaries that are leaving in a week gave their dying testimonies and it was great! What was even better was, halfway through the meeting, a Japanese man sat down next to me. The entire meeting was being held in English. So guess who got their first experience translating? You guessed it! Me! It was a ball! I messed up a ton, but there was one part when the Mission President was speaking, and words were just flowing into my mouth. It was one of the most interesting sensations. I felt the Spirit so strongly during that meeting that I almost started crying while I was translating for this man, and he almost did to. It was an amazing spiritual experience. I just want you guys to know that the Lord will always be there for you, and he will always lift you up. As long as you take that first step, he will raise your other foot behind you and help you keep pressing forward. He doesn't give us trials to hurt us; like Lehi told Jacob prior to his passing, "Nevertheless, Jacob, my firstborn in the wilderness, thou knowest the greatness of God; and he shall consecrate thine afflictions for thy gain."

I love you all so much; thank you for all of the support. If you have doubts, or you feel like God isn't there, get on your knees and pray. Because if you honestly pray, you will realize how close to you God actually is. Keep pushing forward!

Much love,

Elder Tolen
Elder Tolen and Elder Parberry at the church with the Iraqi Investigator

Enjoying Cheesecake Made by a Member

No comments:

Post a Comment