Elder Tolen's Transfer History

Elder Tolen's Transfer History
Elder Tolen's Transfer History

Translate

Monday, May 4, 2015

Week 21 [30]: A Week of Adventure

This week has been full of fun!

So on Tuesday, we were supposed to have our interviews with the Mission President! Notice the use of the word "supposed"? You'll see why in a minute. So we were teaching a lesson to the member that Elder Nishidome and I baptized, and after we finished, we went back to the tiny train station in the middle of nowhere, only to find that the next train wouldn't be for another hour. We were only two train stations away from the one we needed to be at, and our President's interviews started in 2 hours, so we decided that we could walk two train stations down. 2 hours, and about 23 kilometers [14.3 miles] later, we made it to the train station. We were spent. On the plus side, it was fantastic weather, so we didn't get rained on or anything! And we got to see a lot of cool things! But! We didn't get our interviews with President Wada. We still don't know when or if we will even get those interviews! I really want one!

The next day, there was an Ipad training for the Japanese missionaries.  We went on splits in the Shonan area while Elder Uamura went to that, and it was so much fun! I was going to sing in a quartet on Sunday, but I needed to practice, so Elder Davies, the missionary we were on splits with, knew a member who was a professional musician! So we went over there, and he practiced with us! He was amazing! And he did some amazing card tricks. It was a ball. We told him we might be back on Friday, and he said if we were, to stop by and he would show us his studio upstairs. So on Friday, There was a Conference for all of the Japanese missionaries, and we got to go back to see him! It was amazing watching this huge New Zealander jam on this piano. He was really something else. I don't know if I have ever met someone that good! He said if I  ever get transferred there, I can come on a P-day and he will compose some stuff with me! That was way cool.

After that, we went to the beach, and saw this guy playing basketball. So without even thinking, we just said, "Hey! How's it going?" Turns out this guy is from L.A.. We talked for a while, then played basketball for a while, then talked some more! We showed him the "Because of Him" video, and after it finished he looked at us and was like,"I felt something man. I came out here to Japan to get a fresh start, and you guys might be just what I need." That was amazing! We got his email, and left. He isn't in the Odawara area, so I will just keep praying that he is doing alright!

So the baptism didn't happen on Saturday, so I didn't get to play the piano, but more importantly, that person didn't get baptized. She has a new baptismal date, so hopefully she will be prepared for that.

The choir I sang in on Sunday killed it! It was so fun. It was me, and then the Bishopric. So that was pretty interesting. The Branch President said he wants to do it again! So that will be fun!

I went back to Hodogaya for a music night, and that was really fun! I got to see all of my old friends again. We went with a 16-year-old. I won't tell you his name, but basically we are best friends now. He is way tall, and loves bowling. He told me that we are brothers. He is one of the few people I've met out here that I really felt like I needed to find.

I love you all! Thank you for all that you do!

Elder Tolen
Elder Tolen, the 16-year-old friend, and creeper Elder Cluff!
Elder Tolen and friend
Elder Cluff and froggy friend
Elder Tolen and Hodogaya Friend

No comments:

Post a Comment