Elder Tolen's Transfer History

Elder Tolen's Transfer History
Elder Tolen's Transfer History

Translate

Sunday, May 24, 2015

Week 24 [33]: Transfer E-mails, Bowling, and a Baptism

May 18, 2015

Sorry! This email is a little bit late! We were a little bit busy today, because we went bowling! So that was fun!

This week was pretty eventful! So as you all know, we had transfer emails this Saturday, so drumroll please......... I'm going to be staying in Odawara with........ Elder Uemura! I'm excited. I'm no longer training him, so I'm just going to be the senior companion. It's kind of cool. Within the mission, I am the youngest (transfer wise) senior companion in the mission. I am truly grateful for the trust the mission president has given me.

So this week, we were able to see a baptism of a young lady that the Sisters have been teaching for awhile. It was great. I don't know if you all remember, but a few weeks ago, I talked about a guy we found on the beach, who seemed really interested in the Gospel? Well, he was there, and he felt the Spirit so strong. He was so happy. It was so amazing. When she came out of the water, he said, "She is so happy! I want to feel that kind of happiness!" It was amazing to be able to see that. It is moments like that when you are truly reminded that the Lord really does prepare people, and as long as you are ready, you can always find them.

Some other news... From all of the bike crashes I had in Hodogaya, it turns out a part in my bike is broken! So we have to go to a bike shop outside of our area to go and get that fixed... Which will be fun!

This week at game night, we had my 16-year-old investigator friend come to our "Bible study" and "Game Night," and he brought his friend! His friend was so cool! He didn't know much English, but he kept saying, "I love One Direction!" It was a blast. He loves to sing, and when I told I him I did too, he told me to give him my autograph. That was really funny, and he said he would come again, which will be fun. He seems so ready for the Gospel, so we will see how it goes.

That is about it for this week. Spiders the size of my hand are starting to come out. I really really don't like spiders... This will be fun!

I love you guys! The Gospel is true, and the Lord truly does love each and every one of you on a level that we cannot even begin to comprehend. Hope you are all doing well!

Elder Tolen
A Cool Rock Elder Cluff and I Found While on Splits at the Beach

Bowling on P-Day
Bowling on P-Day
Weird Photo Booth in the Bowling Alley Makes Everyone Look like Anime
Weird Photo Booth at Bowling Alley

Photos from the Baptism

Photos from the Baptism

No comments:

Post a Comment