Elder Tolen's Transfer History

Elder Tolen's Transfer History
Elder Tolen's Transfer History

Translate

Sunday, May 24, 2015

Week 23 [32]: Mother's Day Skype!

May 10, 2015

Weekly email time!

I just finished Skyping with my family... So I don't really feel like writing a huge weekly email, so this will be one of my shorter ones, because I'm kind of tired.... I'm sorry!

This week was fun! This last Saturday, we had a BBQ up at a park in the mountains.  It was a Filipino BBQ, and it was a blast! I got to play some baseball, and we got a lot of beautiful pictures. One of our investigators with a baptismal date was able to come, and he really enjoyed himself!

Some more interesting news for this week.... So! We have a volcano about 6 miles away from our apartment.... That wasn't active until this week. Everyone in the city is preparing for an eruption. That will be fun! But, we also live on the beach.. So if the volcano erupts, there will be an earthquake, and maybe some flooding! Which will be fun. I don't know if I should be scared or not, but I'm not really.... Which is kind of weird. Usually I would be freaking out about this kind of thing.

I forgot another cool story!! So, this week while we were streeting, we started talking to this guy, and it was great--so great in fact, that he took us out to lunch! After that, he asked us what we were doing that night, and told us to call him! So we did, and he took all of us out to dinner! It was the most expensive meal I've eaten since coming to Japan.

By the way, the new Elder is named Elder Hirosei, and he is companions with Elder Cluff.

I hope you guys all have a great week! I love you guys, and I love hearing from you! Keep being amazing!

Elder Tolen

Pictures from the ward BBQ
 

 
Most Expensive Dinner We've Had in Japan!
My Dinner--It Was Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment