Elder Tolen's Transfer History

Elder Tolen's Transfer History
Elder Tolen's Transfer History

Translate

Friday, July 29, 2016

Week 74 [83]: Be a Champion!

Monday, May 2

This week's email will be very short. I will be Skyping you next week, so don't worry!

We played a ton of ping pong today, so we don't have much time, but this week has been fantastic! We saw a ton of miracles. I would like to share a quick miracle we saw this week. We were out handing out English class flyers, and I was tired. We had been going hard all day, and just been rejected at every turn. I was beat. I was about to head over and tell my companions that we should pack up and hit somewhere else, but right as I was about to start walking over, I remembered a quote: "Suffer now, and live the rest of your life a champion."

I didn't really know why I remembered this quote, but in hindsight it was obviously the Spirit, but at the time it didn't make too much sense, but it gave me just enough energy to keep going. So as I continued to hand out these flyers, this man came up to me, and we started talking, and the conversation started turning over to gospel. Long story short, I was able to teach this man about the restoration of the Gospel, and he even said he would get baptized someday. We exchanged contact information, and then we began home. I realized how important it is to follow the will of the Lord.

When you think about it, there isn't a single person you meet in day that is just chance. Not a single soul. Every person you meet has purpose. And the Lord needs you to be ready to help them. When the time to act comes, the time to prepare has long passed. We need to make sure we are always prepared to participate in the work of the Lord!

Sorry it was so short, but I love each and every one of you! Keep pressing forward!

Elder Tolen
A guy we met on the street--he plays football!

No comments:

Post a Comment