Elder Tolen's Transfer History

Elder Tolen's Transfer History
Elder Tolen's Transfer History

Translate

Friday, July 29, 2016

Week 79 [88]: Riku!

Monday, June 5, 2016

Hello everyone! This week is going to be pretty short because we are going to be going to Costco later today, and it is pretty far away so we won't get too much to email today, but I'm way excited because we are going with my good friend, Elder Palomino. It will be legendary.

As for an update, I transferred! It's crazy. The new area I'm in is really rural! I haven't been in a place this rural for a long time! I missed it! My new companion is great! His name is Elder Languido, and he's from West Valley, Utah! He is way cool! I think this is going to be a great transfer. We have already seen so many miracles together.

As for miracles, I will share two huge miracles I was able to see this week! The first one actually begins eight months ago, while I was living in Takao. We were out proselyting with a newly returned missionary, and we stopped this Chinese man. He told us his name, and about who he was! Turns out he was Protestant, and had joined that church about three years before, so he wasn't interested in joining another church, but we testified as much as we could, and we actually were able to get his contact information and give him a Book of Mormon, but after that, I was never actually able to meet him again. He stopped answering our calls, and we weren't ever able to get in contact with him again. And then, I left. I transferred out to Fuchu, and forgot about the whole experience, that is until last Monday. I got a call from another missionary in an area called Hachioji who tells me a Chinese guy that knows me got baptized. I had no idea who he was! I had forgotten the entire experience, that is until I saw a picture of him! The second I saw the picture of him, the memories came flooding back, and I remembered the entire encounter. It was an amazing experience. I even had the opportunity to call him and talk to him. That was such an amazing experience! He even remembered who I was. He's actually registering for BYU as we speak, so maybe some of you will see him around.

Then, just when you would think that things couldn't get any better, I had the opportunity to meet with Riku, a young man who did an exchange program at my house in Utah, and his father! They were both such wonderful people! We were able to go out to eat and have a great experience. I'm so very thankful that we live in a day and age where miracles not only occur, but a day and age where miracles can be expected. The Lord is pouring out his blessings upon each and every single one of us, and we just have to do our part and not get in the way of it. I have a very strong testimony of that.

I love you all, and hope you have a fantastic week! I love each of you!

Elder Tolen

希望を持ち続けてください。旅を続けてください
Riku and His Dad


Elders in the District

The Chinese Man Elders Tolen and Burton Found in Takao

No comments:

Post a Comment