Elder Tolen's Transfer History

Elder Tolen's Transfer History
Elder Tolen's Transfer History

Translate

Friday, January 1, 2016

Week 56 [65]: Christmas!

Monday, December 28, 2015

Well! Christmas has passed, and I'm going to be honest:  it didn't really feel like Christmas! In Japan, the only people that celebrate Christmas are church members, so most people didn't even realize that it was Christmas. But we were remarkably busy on Christmas Day! I got to Skype with my family, and then we had district meeting, then we all went out to dinner, and got to eat delicious Curry, then we had to run back to the church because we had a lesson to teach with a recent convert, and then immediately after that lesson we had to run across the street for another lesson, but it turns out the other lesson didn't show up, so we just had a great heart-to-heart with our recent convert.

This past week, we have been surprisingly busy. We have just been running around everywhere for different appointments that we have. It is the best. It really helps me stay focused on what's really important.

This week is New Years, which is the biggest holiday of the year in Japan. Everyone wakes up early to go see the sunrise. And so we are probably going to get up extra early and go hike Mt. Takao in order to watch the sunrise with some members, so I'll tell you how that goes. Other than that, I don't have any really noteworthy stories, just living every day in the best way possible.

I love you guys, and I hope all of you have a fantastic week! I love you lots!

Elder Tolen

希望を持ち続けてください。旅を続けてください。

Elder Tolen as Santa for the Takao Ward Christmas Party
District Mac and Cheese Party

Takao District Just Before Transfers


No comments:

Post a Comment