Elder Tolen's Transfer History

Elder Tolen's Transfer History
Elder Tolen's Transfer History

Translate

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Week 19 [28]: Food and Fake Facial Hair

I just want you to know that while I write this, I'm currently standing on a train, and it is very difficult to write, and try and balance on a moving train. So bear with me. I forgot to mention that today was temple P-day, so I apologize! I always forget to mention that.... And I'm also emailing really late because we got kind lost around Tokyo while looking for a place to eat. That was an adventure.

So I became a trio this week! And it has been a blast! We are all so different, that we just all have so much fun with each other! It is a blast.

This week we had General Conference! I love General Conference! I mean, don't get me wrong. It was way good in the MTC, but I feel like I have grown so much spiritually since then, that this Conference just blew me away! Of course my favorite was by Elder Holland. He blew me away in the first few minutes! I'm so glad I was able to learn so much. It really makes me feel bad for all of the times I slept through conference at home.... Thank goodness for repentance!

Really not much has happened this week besides that. It has been raining a ton lately, so people don't really like to talk while it is pouring rain. But we are still doing our best! I feel like my Japanese has improved, but sometimes I feel like I haven't improved at all since the MTC, but it is just really hard to see your own improvements sometimes. Maybe one day I'll be able to master this language. My new companion, Elder Cluff, knows the most Kanji out of any other person in the mission (except of course the Japanese people), so that is really amazing. It has been really helpful. He is also a really fun guy.


On our first day together we went out to lunch at a place called Sukiya, and you can get giant bowls of food for really cheap! So we got the biggest sizes! It was so much food! I thought I was going to die.

Elder Cluff, Elder Uamura, and Elder Tolen with their giant bowls of food at Sukiya
Another fun thing we did was at our district meeting, we all wore fake mustaches. That was a ball. I'll be sure to include pictures. Other than that, this week has been kind of slow.

I hope you all have a great week! I love you guys, and miss you!

Elder Tolen

Digging in!
Finished! (and full!)

Fake Mustaches at District Meeting

Fake Mustache (and Fake Glasses)...




No comments:

Post a Comment