Elder Tolen's Transfer History

Elder Tolen's Transfer History
Elder Tolen's Transfer History

Translate

Sunday, March 8, 2015

Week 13: Adjusting to Odawara

So I may have forgotten to mention that we had temple P-day again this week....Oops! I'm sorry! I'm really bad with this sort of thing....

But anyway, this week has been way good! I love my new companion! His name is Elder Nishidome, and he is so great! This transfer is going to be difficult, because there are only 2 people in this district who aren't Japanese: me, and Elder Harrison. Everyone else is Japanese, so that's a lot of fun. I'm going to learn so much this transfer, and I've already learned a lot. I've never been so tired when I get home. It's just straight Japanese, all day every day, except when we're going  to bed and I get to talk to Elder Harrison.

Not much has really happened this week.... Just trying to adjust to life in Odawara. There isn't a ward here; it's just a branch. That is really weird.. I've never seen a group so small, but it is still great! I feel like I will be able to bond with them all really fast.

We have a castle in our area, and a beach. It is great. We went to the castle the other day, and I met this guy, and we just started talking. We talked the entire way around the castle. We talked about religion, and he told me that he is Buddhist, but doesn't really believe it. He said that after this life he wants to go back and live with God. I was like, "Well do I have something to tell you!" Turns out he doesn't live in our area, but we still got his phone number which was good. He said that if he was ever in Odawara he would give us a call. I also took a picture with a samurai which was a lot of fun.

Well that's about all that happened this week! I hope you all have a great week! I love you! Keep being awesome!

Elder Tolen
Elder Tolen and the Samurai
Elder Tolen and his new companion, Elder Nishidome

Elder Harrison (maybe?)

Zone Conference


No comments:

Post a Comment