Elder Tolen's Transfer History

Elder Tolen's Transfer History
Elder Tolen's Transfer History

Translate

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Week 12: Transfer Call!

Well everyone! I made it to transfer three, which means I'm no longer a Padawon. I have officially made it to Jedi Knight status. It's great.

So I may have forgotten to mention that it was temple P-day today, and we had a conference with Elder Ballard yesterday, so that's why I'm emailing to day! Sorry... I forgot to mention that..... Oops.


Yesterday was so amazing. We had a conference with the North mission, and Elder Rasband, Bishop Stevenson, and Elder Ballard spoke at it! It was amazing. I got to see all of my friends from the MTC! Like Elder Lee and Elder Law! They were my Chinese friends from the MTC. It was great. Elder Ballard was so great. He talked about how we can teach better! He also said that missionaries called to Japan are the best teachers in the mission field, because we have to be able to teach everything to people without any Christian background. That makes things a little tricky. After he finished speaking, he wanted to shake everyone's hand, so he tried to get it all set up, but then he came back to the microphone and said, "I got so excited to shake all of your hands, that I forgot about a closing song and prayer. Haha!"  It was so funny. But I got to shake his hand! It was great. He had really soft hands, but I don't know if I have ever felt so much love from one man. He really is something else. It was so amazing.
 

And after that we got our transfer emails! So...(drum roll...) I'm transferring! I'm going to leave Hodogaya on Thursday and transfer to an area called Odawara. And....(another drum roll....) I'm getting a Japanese companion! I'm going to get destroyed! It will be so great!
 

I'm actually really excited. I'm still really sad, because I'm leaving my bean area, and Elder Livingston, but I felt ready to go and move on. I guess I've completed all the Lord needed me to do in Hodogaya, and there must be some things I need to do in Odawara. I'm really excited. It is out in the country, so that will be fun, but I guess they have the nicest house in the entire mission which is great! I love having nice houses. 

Another interesting story:  So this week I bought a little Lamborghini Hot Wheel car to carry around with me, just to sort of help me remember what I want to become, and that I need to work hard to achieve that. But the day after I bought it, we were walking through a park talking to a group of teenage boys, and I asked what kinds of things they liked. One of them said in Japanese, "Well I really like little muscle cars. Like Hot Wheels." I was like, "No way."  It was great. I whipped out my car and had a great discussion with them. It's funny to see how the Lord will prepare you to talk to people.


We didn't take very many pictures this week.... Like two maybe.... Oops. I will send one of my car, and of one of my Senpai from the MTC! Elder Lee! I love that man. He is so great! He is in the Tokyo mission, but I met him because of the conference with Elder Ballard.


I hope you all have a great week! I love you all!


Elder Tolen

Elder Tolen Reunited with Elder Lee at Tokyo North and Tokyo South Mission Conference
Hot Wheel Reminder to Work Hard

Elders Livingston and Tolen: The Final Dream Team Selfies

The Final Dream Team Selfies!

No comments:

Post a Comment