Elder Tolen's Transfer History

Elder Tolen's Transfer History
Elder Tolen's Transfer History

Translate

Monday, March 9, 2015

Week 14: Enoshima, Exhausted, and Essays!

Hello friends! Today was great. We were eating lunch, and this member calls us and asked us if we wanted to go to the island called Enoshima. So we were like, "heck yeah." So I got a ton of pictures there. But it started pouring rain as we were walking back, so we got soaked. It was fun. Typhoon season is coming up. That will be a ball...

So this week we didn't really do too much..... Just lots and lots of Japanese. Which is fun, but I always come home exhausted. I've never had to think so much in one day as I do with a Japanese companion. It really tires me out, but it is all worth it.

Last night we had a meal with a family in the ward, and we were almost half an hour late because we got way lost and we had the wrong address. So that was kind of awkward, but everything worked out in the end. When we got there, one of the kids I had been playing with at church came running up and just sat on my lap. The parents were so surprised because he is usually so shy. What can I say? I know how to work with kids. So that was fun. He took my iPad and started taking selfies, so that was really fun.

Elder Tolen with the "usually shy" member's child.


Let's see... Another story from this week. We had games night, and a guy that I had become really good friends with at English class came, so I just got to bond with him a ton. We started talking about temples, so I showed him some pictures of temples and he thought they were beautiful, but he was wondering who the guy was on top, so I was like, Boom! That's my in. We started talking and I gave him a Book of Mormon and he said he would read it. After that we started talking about this essay he is supposed to write for a job application about why he is qualified for the job. He is already late in writing it.  So I told him that if he prayed, he would know what to write about. Now I'm praying my guts out so that his prayer will be answered. After that I shared some scriptures with him about prayer, and taught him how to pray. It's up to him now!

I hope you all had a good week; I love you guys!

Elder Tolen
Enoshima

Impromptu P-day Visit to Enoshima

No comments:

Post a Comment