Elder Tolen's Transfer History

Elder Tolen's Transfer History
Elder Tolen's Transfer History

Translate

Thursday, October 30, 2014

MTC Halfway!

Well. I'm over halfway done with the MTC! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I really want to be out in the field, but I still have so much to learn.

Halloween is tomorrow, and my roommates and I are going trick or treating. That's going to be a lot of fun.
Carving foam "carve-able" pumpkins...

I guess they really can be carved! We weren't sure...

So this week almost my entire district got to sing in choir, and if you don't know, choir in the MTC is one of the funnest things to do here. We get to perform every Tuesday at our weekly devotional! This upcoming Tuesday, there is supposedly a member of the Twelve coming, and they are going to be broadcasting live! So if you want to hear a General Authority speak, or want to hear some good music, tune in at 7 pm MST. It will be awesome.

Well, our 先輩 [senior-ranking missionaries...those who have been in the MTC longest at this point] leave this week. Which is really sad, but I know they are going to kill it out in Japan. So it turns out that soon, we'll also have to teach an actual 日本人 [Japanese person] over Skype. That's kind of scary, since they won't know any English.

I figured some of you might want to know what a day in the MTC is like, so I thought I would share it with you:

6:30 amRise and Shine
6:40 amGym Time
7:30 amGet ready for the day
8:00 amBreakfast
8:30 amDaily planning
9:00 amPersonal study
10:00 amCompanion study
11:00 amLanguage study
12:00 pmAdditional study (All of this study time is done in the class room)
12:50 pmLunch
1:35 pmTALL (TALL is a language learning software, it's actually really useful)
2:30 pmClass (this includes P.I.(Progressing Investigator, which is us teaching a lesson, in Japanese I might add, to an "Investigator," or our teacher), Language study, and coaching)
5:30 pmDinner
6:20 pmClass
9:30 pmReturn to residence hall
10:15 pmQuiet time
10:30 pmLights out

And that is what an average day at the MTC is like. Well, I'm going to include a few pictures this time, a lot of them are going to be from the Temple walks we take every Sunday. One of them え [for example] is of our Kohai, Elder Chang. He's from Taiwan. Another one is of Elder Hunter, he's from my ward, and the last ones are going to be of Elder Law, Elder Lee (the two elders from China), and of us carving "pumpkins"! I just hope you guys know that I care about you, and I hope you are all doing alright. You guys are always in my prayers!
愛してます![I love you!]

トレン長老 [Tolen Elder]
Elder Tolen with Elder Lee (China) and Elder King (headed to Tokyo next week)

Elder Tolen and Elder Hunter from the Battle Creek 9th Ward

Elder Tolen and Elder Hunter

I think this is Elder Chang from Taiwan...?

Another goofy selfie from Elder Tolen

Elder Law helping to carve the foam pumpkins
d
Elder Phillips (one of Zach's MTC roommates) working on pumpkins

 



No comments:

Post a Comment