Elder Tolen's Transfer History

Elder Tolen's Transfer History
Elder Tolen's Transfer History

Translate

Thursday, October 23, 2014

Pillow Fights and Peppers

Whew. This week was quite a blast. We had a couple devotionals; one of them was given by Chad Lewis. Those of you who know football know who that is. It was quite amazing. He is an amazing speaker.

My companion is now the D.L. [District Leader] which is pretty cool. Our Dai-Senpai left, so in two weeks we will have been here the longest out of all the Japanese speakers. And we will still have 3 weeks left in the MTC.

I got to be a host missionary, which was fun! It was fun to help new people come into the MTC. What wasn't fun was finding out all of the people I helped would be leaving almost a month before I did. Sometimes I feel like the MTC is really long, but I couldn't be more grateful for it.

Elder Tolen and Elder Dunn as host missionaries

So I found my cousin Ryan Morrill! He came in about a week ago and I loved seeing him again. I found Gerrit Burgener yesterday, too.  I didn't get a picture w/ him because he had just gotten there and I didn't want to bombard him or anything, but I did meet him and give him a hug. I have yet to see Elder Hunter.

Cousins! Elder Morrill and Elder Tolen

One of my favorite people here is Elder Law. I'm including a picture. He's from China. He's probably one of my best friends here in the MTC.  His companion Elder Lee is also from China, and he's also one of my best friends. I love their broken English, and they love to give hugs.

Elder Law, from China

This week had quite a few things happen. First of all, my room gets kinda crazy at night. Like really crazy (one night the security guard had to tell us to be quiet, but what can I say. We've all gotten really close, so it's hard.). My room had a pillow fight. Well... Fight isn't the best word for it. I think warfare would better fit the description. Kono wa shinjistsu desu. I mean like at one point, one of the beds was being used as a pillow. That was quite fun.

Also, my companion received some peppers in the mail. Like the really hot kind. I didn't eat one, because I actually care about my internals. But it was hilarious to watch other people eat them.

Elder Dunn with his hot pepper from home
Another really fun thing we get to do is sing in the MTC choir. That is probably one of my favorite things here (besides the important things like the Spirit, the Gospel, and other things of that sort).

Well I just want you guys to know that I care about you, and I pray for you all! 

Elder Tolen

Host missionary for incoming Elders!

No comments:

Post a Comment