Elder Tolen's Transfer History

Elder Tolen's Transfer History
Elder Tolen's Transfer History

Translate

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Week 61 [70]: Fuchu!

Monday, February 1, 2016

Well everyone, this email will be pretty short! I don't have much to report on!

Elder Brown is an amazing companion. I'm so glad we get to be companions. We live in a two man, which I have never done, so I didn' know what to expect, but it is fantastic. What's also weird is that we sleep on beds in this apartment! I haven't slept on a bed since I left the MTC. I didn't realize how much I actually missed beds.

Being a district leader is stressful, but there are only four members in the district, so there aren't too many stats that I need to round up.


Recently we have been working really hard on finding, and it has been great! We have seen so much success. I have one interesting story I would like to share about our Chinese investigator named Tom. I had never met him, and Elder Brown had just met him one time when they found him last week, so we decided to set up a dinner appointment with him, and then, after dinner, go to the church and teach him a lesson with a member. So we ate dinner at this awesome Ramen shop, and we actually taught him right there in the restaurant, and we were able to teach him about the Plan of Salvation. It went remarkably well. After that, we get a call from the sisters asking us where we were, and we found out that we had a meal at a member's house that night, but we didn't know about it because a member told a missionary that transferred out, and unfortunately he never passed that message along (haha). So we rushed over to the member's house, still with Tom, and ate another dinner. It was an awesome experience. Tom is such a funny guy. We were able to set up an appointment with him next Saturday as well, so that will be great.

Other than that, we have just been finding our own rhythm out here in Fuchu. It has been fantastic. I love Elder Brown; he is so great, and is helping me so much. I know that the Lord will always help us if we rely on him! That's my testimony!

I love you all!

Talk to you next week,

Elder Tolen
Elders Tolen and Brown with "Tom"

Teaching some Hospital Workers in Takao

No comments:

Post a Comment