Elder Tolen's Transfer History

Elder Tolen's Transfer History
Elder Tolen's Transfer History

Translate

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Week 60 [69]: Transfer Time!

Monday, January 25, 2016

Hey everyone! As you guessed, we got our transfer emails. And there is some big changes. I'm moving! I'm going to be transferring to Fuchu (府中), and I will be serving as District Leader and my companion will be Elder Brown! I knew Elder Brown before he came to the mission! In fact, we went to the same school! So I am very excited for this transfer. I think we will see many miracles from it. I am really sad about having to leave Takao. I've been here for so long, I feel like it has become my home Ward. So it has been really hard to say goodbye to everyone, but I know that the Lord needs me to tend to another portion of his vineyard.

This week was pretty slow. My companions have been out of commission this week, so I spent a lot of time on the phone trying to call people, or cleaning. It's been worth it though. Tonight we have an appointment with the stake president. I really do love this man. He found out I was transferring, and the first thing he did was give me a huge hug. He really treats me like one of his sons. This man has really helped me through some of the roughest times of my mission.

This week my scripture I've been ponderizing is from Matthew 21:19-21:

19 And when he saw a fig tree in the way, he came to it, and found nothing thereon, but leaves only, and said unto it, Let no fruit grow on thee henceforward for ever. And presently the fig tree withered away.

20 And when the disciples saw it, they marvelled, saying, How soon is the fig tree withered away!

21 Jesus answered and said unto them, Verily I say unto you, If ye have faith, and doubt not, ye shall not only do this which is done to the fig tree, but also if ye shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; it shall be done.

I've really been pondering about faith. Over the course of my mission, I have realized just how important faith really is. Miracles cannot occur if faith is lacking, but even the smallest amount of faith can move mountains. Even just the desire to have faith is enough. Everything we do, every action we make, every step we take, should help us increase our faith. This life is hard, and is full of trails of faith, but faith isn't something gained easily. Faith is earned. It reminded me of a quote from Mohamed Ali that says, "Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion."  Faith isn't supposed to come easily. Nothing good should. But when we finally earn our faith, there is nothing sweeter on this Earth. That I can testify of. I know what it's like to be on both sides of the line, and I know which side I would choose. But we have to constantly be increasing our faith. Faith is something that can easily be lost. And it can be lost through very small things. I have watched investigators and members out here lose their faith, and it never happens all at once. Be watchful. Be mindful. Satan is always a stone's throw away, and he wants you, so my challenge to you all is to show him what it means to really be a disciple of Christ.

I love you all so much! Thank you for all of the support! Keep being amazing.

Love you all!

Elder Tolen

希望を持ち続けてください。旅を続けてください。
 
The Machida West Zone!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment