Elder Tolen's Transfer History

Elder Tolen's Transfer History
Elder Tolen's Transfer History

Translate

Monday, April 11, 2016

Week 70 [79]: Sakura Trees

Monday, April 4, 2016

Hello everyone!

I'm really tired this today! I woke up at 5:00am to go to seminary, so I'm going to keep this short just because I have no energy! But I want you to know that I still love each and every one of you!

This week was good. We had a lot of finding time, and I tried to make the most of it! We worked extraordinarily hard! It was fantastic. We also had a stake blitz, and I had the opportunity to go on splits with two really young missionaries! One has been out for 4 weeks, and the other 4 months. It was very interesting to work with them, and it got me thinking to where I was at that time, and what kind of missionary I used to be. It was interesting. They were both fantastic missionaries! Both were great at Japanese! Probably going to be much when they are my age.

This week's message is short, and I'm sure everyone had a great time watching the apostles of the Lord speak this week at General Conference, so I'll keep this one a little bit shorter, but I just want to share a quick thought I had while riding my bike the other day. We down a street that was just full of Cherry Blossom trees. I don't know if any of you have seen Cheery Blossoms before, but they are beautiful! There is only one problem! They are only beautiful one time a year, for about a week. I started thinking about how interesting it is that God, our Father, created something with such exquisite beauty, but only let them last for such a short season. I also started thinking about all of the people that probably won't be able to see Sakura Blossoms in their lifetime, just because their situations, job, or just life keep them from being able to take the time to go out and see Sakura trees during the only week of the year when they are blooming.

And then I started thinking about how this actually applies to us. The Spirit is such a wonderful and beautiful gift. We all have the ability to feel the influence of the Spirit in our lives. But sometimes those experiences or prompting only last for a short period of time. We have to choose to act or ignore. The Spirit, like these Sakura trees will occasionally bloom for us, and will be there to give us guidance and council, but it won't last forever! These promptings fade faster then we realize! Like the Sakura, the season will come and go without us even realizing it if we aren't prepared to see it. We all have a very special opportunity to be guided by the Spirit during this conference, but we need to make sure that we are ready so that when the Spirit blooms, we will be able to capture its full beauty.

I want you all to know that I love each and every one of you! I hope you all have fantastic weeks! Keep striving! Don't give up hope, and have the patience to dream on! Have a fantastic week!

Elder Tolen

希望を持ち続けてください。旅を続けてください。
Sakura Trees in Blossom

Elder Lunt and Elder Tolen on Splits

No comments:

Post a Comment