Elder Tolen's Transfer History

Elder Tolen's Transfer History
Elder Tolen's Transfer History

Translate

Monday, January 5, 2015

Week 5: Finding Batteries in Flower Pots

This week was awesome! I'll start off with an amazingly simple miracle I experienced this week!

So! We were weekly planning on Thursday, when all of a sudden the Spirit was like, "HEY! You need to be with this investigator tonight." And I was like, "Alright, sounds good." So I told my companion, and he said, "Let's watch The Testaments!" So we had set our plan. We called our investigator and made sure that was alright, which it was.

After dinner we started setting up.  We got to the church and then realized that we had forgotten the movie at the apartment! But we went up to the TV, and there was a copy just sitting on top of the DVD player! But we had to turn on English subtitles, and the batteries were super-duper old, like maybe as old as my little brother. But we were like, "Well. Now what? We don't have time to go get batteries."

Just then I had this impression. The Spirit just told me to check the flower pot outside the church. So, not wanting to ignore the Spirit, we went out there and lo and behold, there were batteries just sitting in the flower pot!!! What were the odds of that? Well, pretty high when the Spirit is involved. But that was one of the amazing miracles that I was able to experience this week! The most important lesson I've learned is that you can trust the Lord. He will help you whenever you need it. Even if it's just finding batteries so that you can turn on subtitles. He wants to help you; you just have to let Him--even if it isn't always the help you think you need.

Happy New Years! I hope you all had a great one! New Years in Japan is even bigger than Christmas. Which I don't understand. But that's just how it is I guess. I hope you guys had a good New Years! I love you guys! Keep being awesome!

Elder Tolen

Elder Tolen and Elder Livingston-peace!

Elder Livingston and Elder Tolen taking a selfie
 
Eragon in Japanese--Elder Tolen hopes to be able to read this after his mission
Inside pages of Eragon

No comments:

Post a Comment